Code Culture has a brand-spanking new layout. My wonderful friends Leon and Rob from WAT Ontwerpers have concocted a colourful corporate identity, logo, and website design. The drupal theme for this website, I built myself. Though this is still a work in progress (and it probably will be a work in progress for the remainder of it's life), many of the elements of the new design are in place. Let me point out some highlights:
- The logo can be placed over any image and still retain it's expressive power. The header image can be altered to match a specific section's topic or style.
- Good old Helvetica is serving some nicely layed out text styles. Most (semantically relevant) html text elements have been molded to a calm well readable rhythm. Blockquotes, links, linespacing, indenting, lists, etc have all been carefully layed out.
- We have minimised wasted space by wrapping the text under the right column.
- To further demarcate sections and whitespace, we've added some nice supportive visuals to the layout.
- And don't forget the stuff most of us never see! Browser text resizing and print styles have been optimised.
- Cross browser support: the template has been tested in firefox, opera, safari, ie6 and ie7.